Cannes, France – Japanese television network Fuji TV announced on April 7 a major international syndication deal with online video giant Crunchyroll throughout Asia, including Mainland China, Europe and the Americas. The deal signals Fuji TV’s strength as a primary Drama producer where premium broadcast networks can generate additional revenue in new markets and demographics.
Under the terms of the deal with Crunchyroll, Fuji TV has licensed premium hit titles from the network’s existing library including IRYU, Team Medical Dragon S1-4, Galileo and The 101st Proposal for exclusive online distribution rights. The deal marks a strategic alliance around premium content and multi-platform delivery worldwide.
Vince Shortino, EVP of Crunchyroll’s Japan channels, said of the partnership: “We are very excited to work with Fuji TV to bring popular Japanese drama titles to Crunchyroll. Our vision is to provide our users the best quality and variety of content anywhere, anytime. This partnership brings us one step closer to that vision.”
Fuji TV’s Deputy Director of Worldwide Production and Sales, Programming and Production Dept. Taka Hayakawa stated: “Creating streaming partnerships on a global scale around premium content to generate additional revenue for our partners is Fuji TV’s brand new strategy.”
In addition to licensing Fuji TV’s catalogue, Crunchyroll is teaming up to simultaneously broadcast the worldwide premiere of Japanese drama Gokuaku Ganbo starring well-known actor Machiko Ono (Like Father, Like Son and Moe No Suzaku) this April.
Fuji TV also announced a co-development partnership with The Gurin Company, one of the premier independent producers of non-scripted television in the U.S. and Taiyo Kikaku Co., Ltd., one of the largest producers of the TV commercials in Japan, on supplying the new television format Whose Side Are You On? at MIPFormats on April 6. The project maximised the creative resources of the three companies, combining their expertise in content development and production both in the U.S. and Japan, in order to develop a new TV format for audience around the world.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021