Singapore – Encompass Digital Media launched its new US$7 million broadcast monitoring facility, the MEGAPOD – the first-of-its-kind multi-channel broadcast monitoring and play out facility with multi-channel and multi-format for linear and over-the-top (OTT) delivery capabilities – on April 29. The MEGAPOD can handle up to 250 channels, from ingest to delivery across multiple screens.
“MEGAPOD is a one-of-its-kind facility in Asia which enables our customers to manage and monetise their media assets in a more efficient and error-free environment,” said Deepakjit Singh, Managing Director, Encompass Digital Media Asia. “The innovative design and fully automated processes enable real-time monitoring and processing of the content for delivery across the globe on multiple screens.”
The MEGAPOD offers broadcasters a ready infrastructure for expansion, allowing the launch of a new channel every two-and-a-half weeks, provides significant reduction time to any anomalies, and reduces book-to-build time to less than three weeks. The fully automated, end-to-end central monitoring system is built on the back of iControl – the world’s most advanced, fully automated integrated monitoring and control system.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,396 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 88 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 59 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020