Halifax, Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Vancouver – DHX Media, an independent creator, producer, distributor and licensor of children’s entertainment content, has renewed its deal with BBC Worldwide Asia to represent the licensing rights to key brands Teletubbies (365 x 30’) and In the Night Garden (100 x 30’) in China across all categories.
This over-arching deal complements DHX Media and BBC Worldwide’s sub-agent agreement with UYoung Media Group which was appointed this year to spearhead a licensing and merchandising push for In the Night Garden in China, where it airs on state broadcaster CCTV.
In addition, DHX Media has signed an agreement with Shanghai V-Pop for the Chinese home entertainment rights to Teletubbies with DVDs launching at retail in 2014. This deal further expands the reach of the preschool brand in China where it already has an impressive roster of licensees including Phoenix, Hangzhou- Z-Shine and Chinoco.
Steven DeNure, President and COO of DHX Media said: “Teletubbies and In the Night Garden continue to be popular globally, and enjoy a huge fan base in China. We are pleased to be renewing deals with both BBC Worldwide Asia and Shanghai V-Pop, ensuring these properties continue to enjoy a significant consumer presence in China.”
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,074 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020