BBC Worldwide secures deals with key players in South Korea
Seoul, South Korea – BBC Worldwide announced deals with three TV operators in South Korea on April 3, ahead of MIPTV. The deals were linked with pay TV operators, Hyundai Media and YTN, and free-to-air TV operator, KBS. Consisting of predominantly natural history, factual, and science genres, the deals are expected to carry programmes to a combined 40 million households in South Korea.
This will mark BBC Worldwide’s first foray into Hyundai Media’s newly launched factual channel, Health Medi TV. Health Medi TV, which launched in December 2013, targets audiences, aged 20-50 years, interested in health-focused as well as general factual programmes. The channel carries a mix of local and international programmes.
The deal with KBS consists of the highly commended BBC series, The Musketeers, which follows d’Artagnan, Athos, Aramis and Porthos as they fight for justice, for honour, for love and for adventure and natural history title Hidden Kingdoms, which takes viewers into a unique and unexplored miniature world of the planet’s smaller animals. KBS will be the first to air both titles in South Korea.
YTN will air blue chip natural history and factual titles such as BBC Earth’s Earthflight, a stunning series which combines state-of-the-art technology and sophisticated techniques to show the world from an amazing aerial perspective; Frozen Planet, a seven-part series that focuses on life and the environment in both the Arctic and Antarctic; and Africa, a series that journeys through five extraordinary regions, revealing Africa as we’ve never seen it before.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021