AOL and Microsoft partner to offer premium content
New York – AOL Inc. announced on April 25 that it has signed a video distribution deal with Microsoft. Beginning this summer, content from AOL brands like HuffPost Live, TechCrunch and Moviefone, as well as partner sites including ESPN, TMZ, Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart will be available on MSN and Bing Apps for Windows and Windows Phone.
Through this partnership, relevant videos from AOL’s library of nearly 900,000 will be distributed on Microsoft video platforms, including MSN, with an audience of nearly 450 million unique visitors worldwide each month, and Bing Apps for Windows and Windows Phone.
The AOL video library will include content from all 15 AOL On channels and its 2014 slate of original series that will be unveiled at the Digital Content NewFronts. This content will enhance the user experience across Microsoft’s family of devices and services and delivers consumers some of the best content to the screens they use most in destinations around the globe.
“Microsoft’s suite of devices and services is unmatched, and its loyal audiences are constantly seeking new and refreshed offerings on their platforms. We have an open strategy for distributing our premium content, and we’re proud to partner with Microsoft to enhance their video experience,” said Ran Harnevo, President of AOL Video. “As anyone who watches the online video space knows, AOL has seen tremendous audience growth over the last few years — views for our content are up nearly 75% in the last year alone — and the sheer scale of Microsoft’s network will help us reach a massive new audience and continue our climb.”*
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 68 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020