Playboy Plus launches new satellite channel in Asia
USA / Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) announced on March 24 that Playboy Plus Entertainment Inc. has launched a new satellite channel “LifeStyle TV” (LSTV) on AsiaSat 5, following the successful launch of “HD Playboy Asia” last year on the same satellite.
LSTV, the first men’s lifestyle TV channel in Asia, offers content on travel, cuisine, adventure and fashion. Targeting Asian men, aged 18-38, LSTV’s key titles include fashion programmes led by TV stars Cho Sung Mo, and haute cuisine cooking by celebrities Chang Min (2AM) and Alex Chu from South Korea.
“We are excited to make this strategic move to expand our distribution service in Asia with the launch of LSTV on AsiaSat 5. LSTV is our second channel on AsiaSat 5’s powerful DVB-S2 platform,” said Lanny Huang, General Manager, Asia Pacific, of Playboy Plus Entertainment. “Leveraging on AsiaSat 5’s premium video neighbourhood and excellent penetration in Asia, we are working to expand our reach and provide LSTV’s unique content on a growing number of Asian TV networks.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020