Paris – To spotlight the growing international success of Israeli TV content, MIPTV is hosting a “Focus on Israel” as part of its upcoming market. Organised by Reed MIDEM, the 51st annual MIPTV takes place April 7-10 in Cannes, France.
Israeli TV series burst onto the international scene around a decade ago thanks to the production and distribution of innovative formats. This now extends to scripted drama, which has become a major export. Rising Star, Prisoners of War / Homeland, In Treatment, Hostages, and I Can Do That are among current international hits based on Israeli programming. According to Eurodata TV Worldwide, more than 60% of entertainment programming launched in Israel in 2013 were original productions, as were 50% of fiction series.
“The Israeli audiovisual industry combines innovation and creativity with the cutting-edge use of new technologies to better engage the audience around programming. As the world’s leading event dedicated to content development and new creative trends, it is opportune that MIPTV should host this special focus on Israel,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of the Television Division at Reed MIDEM.
On April 5, as part of MIPDoc, the “Co-Production Marketplace: Success Stories from Israel” will offer insights into the rapidly developing Israeli factual and documentary content market, and hear a series of case studies of successful international co-productions with Israel.
On April 6, as part of MIPFormats, the session “Business Opportunities in Israel” will set out how to work with one of the fastest-growing content markets in this special focus featuring major production and distribution companies from Israel.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020