MIPTV: Keshet to unveil new gameshow “Boom!” at MIPTV
Keshet International, the global distribution and production arm of Keshet Media Group, is set to unveil an explosive trivia TV game at MIPTV 2014, with the potential to drive the gameshow genre back into primetime around the world.
Due to air on Keshet Broadcasting, Channel 2 Israel in a 9pm slot from early April 2014, Boom! fuses the drama, intensity and thrill of a blockbuster action movie with the high octane fun of a video game. A team of four, be they friends, family members or colleagues, must defuse eight (replica) bombs by answering trivia questions correctly within a strict time limit. In nail-biting scenes, the nominated player must defuse one bomb per question by cutting through coloured wires which represent multiple choice answers against the clock. If the player answers correctly the prize money remains intact and they move to the next bomb, if they cut the wrong wire, or run out of time the bomb will explode strewing material across the studio and visibly shaking the set – and the team will lose one player and 25% of the potential prize money.
Alon Shtruzman, CEO of Keshet International, said, “Boom! combines an exhilarating physical gameplay with a unique visual concept. It takes the viewers on a roller-coaster ride of laughter and adrenaline guaranteeing a dramatic and colourful viewing experience.”
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 93 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 58 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 55 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 54 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020