London – A special 1 x 90’ documentary film which follows David Beckham and three of his friends exploring and experiencing the isolation of the Brazilian rainforest on a once in a lifetime expedition, was announced on March 19 by XIX Entertainment, BBC Worldwide and the BBC for BBC One.
The world knows that David Beckham, one of the most decorated football players of all time, has hung up his professional boots. What the world doesn’t know is that the global superstar recently travelled over 5,000 miles from London to South America, to experience life in the Amazon rainforest.
Over the last fortnight, Beckham and his friends have cooked, camped and fished during their journey through the tropical Amazon rainforest to discover the “real Brazil”, with world renowned director Anthony Mandler capturing their exploits on film.
Helen Jackson, Managing Director, Content, BBC Worldwide commented: “This is an unforgettable documentary set in the heart of the dense Amazon rainforest following David Beckham. Through his eyes, audiences will experience life in the jungle, something so distant from David’s life on and off the pitch and in the glare of the world’s media”.
Charlotte Moore, Controller, BBC One said: “In this special documentary for BBC One, David Beckham embarks on a top secret expedition to the Amazon that will see him encounter the other side of Brazil and journey through the tropical rainforest, a TV first for the global icon.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 66 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020