Los Angeles, California & Toronto, Ontario – Los Angeles based MarVista Entertainment, independent producer and distributor of features and family entertainment programming, and Toronto based CCI Entertainment, announced a strategic partnership on March 27, under which MarVista will co-distribute approximately 200 hours of CCI’s extensive programming library worldwide, including lifestyle and factual series, as well as movies and documentaries. The two companies will also explore co-production opportunities on a range of entertainment projects.
“MarVista is always exploring new opportunities to increase its content pipeline with quality programming, which appeals to a broad and diverse global audience,” said by Fernando Szew, CEO, MarVista Entertainment. “CCI’s programming spans all genres, from contemporary lifestyle to science and travel, engaging game shows, telefilms and documentaries, and we believe our buyers will be very interested in the CCI library. We’re very happy to be partnering with our good friends at CCI and look forward to collaborating with them on the development of new programming concepts.”
“We are really excited to be working with MarVista and feel like it is a really great fit with our development and distribution strategy,” said CCI Co-Chairman and CEO Arnie Zipursky. “I have a long-standing relationship with the founders of the company as colleagues and great friends. We know the CCI library will be well represented by their team, and we are looking forward to further additional initiatives that have sprouted from the partnership.”
MarVista will debut CCI’s newest documentary series, Cubicle to the Cage, at MIPTV. In the series’ first season consisting of 12 x 30’ episodes, a group of seemingly ordinary people — students, a barista, nurse and even a dentist — go on an extraordinary personal and physical journey as each commits a year of their life to becoming Mixed Martial Arts fighters. Individuals are challenged with arduous nutritional plans, rigorous strength and conditioning training while also learning what it takes to be the best at wrestling, grappling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, boxing and Muai Thai. MarVista will also offer Cubicle to the Cage as a format at MIPTV.
Additionally, MarVista will introduce programme buyers to the diverse CCI library with series such as:
Ancient Clues (Season 1: 8 x 30’; Season 2: 6 x 60’): an innovative science documentary series that explores ritual human sacrifice, cannibalism and mass burials and uses state-of-the-art medical technology to piece together and disclose the astounding stories of life and death in another time.
Avventura (26 x 30’): a hybrid travel-food series that celebrates Italian culture and cuisine in a fun-filled road trip through the heart of Italy.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 38 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020