New York – HISTORY has picked up a 10-episode third season of the hit drama series, Vikings. Created and written by Michael Hirst, the renewal comes just four episodes into Vikings’ second season. Six new episodes remain in the current season with the season finale in the U.S. slated for May 1.
Vikings season two has propelled HISTORY to #1 in cable in its Thursday 10-11pm time slot. The hit scripted series is off to a strong start in season two currently averaging 3.4 million total viewers, 1.7 million Adults 25-54 and 1.5 million Adults 18-49. In addition, after the first two episodes, Vikings gained a +51% lift in Live+7 vs. Live+Same Day averaging 5.1 million total viewers and +60% growth in Adults 25-54 (2.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (2.5 million).
Production on season three will begin this summer to air in 2015.
“Vikings has taken viewers by storm and has established itself as one of the most compelling, visually stunning dramas on television. With its large, passionate and loyal fan base, Vikings has cemented HISTORY firmly in the scripted series genre, just as we are the leaders in reality television,” said Dirk Hoogstra, EVP and General Manager, HISTORY & H2. “We are incredibly fortunate to have such an enormously talented cast and crew led by Michael Hirst whose intricately woven storylines vividly brings the unknown, epic world of these Norsemen to life. Season three promises to immerse viewers even deeper into the exploits of these fearless warriors who are willing to risk it all for conquest and power.”
MGM Television brought the series to the network and brings Vikings to global audiences, as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada.
“Vikings is an epic story brought alive by a talented creative team. We are delighted by the support Vikings receives from HISTORY and their audience, as well as from our partners and fans around the globe,” said Roma Khanna, President, Television Group and Digital, MGM.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 115 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020