New York – HISTORY has picked up a 10-episode third season of the hit drama series, Vikings. Created and written by Michael Hirst, the renewal comes just four episodes into Vikings’ second season. Six new episodes remain in the current season with the season finale in the U.S. slated for May 1.
Vikings season two has propelled HISTORY to #1 in cable in its Thursday 10-11pm time slot. The hit scripted series is off to a strong start in season two currently averaging 3.4 million total viewers, 1.7 million Adults 25-54 and 1.5 million Adults 18-49. In addition, after the first two episodes, Vikings gained a +51% lift in Live+7 vs. Live+Same Day averaging 5.1 million total viewers and +60% growth in Adults 25-54 (2.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (2.5 million).
Production on season three will begin this summer to air in 2015.
“Vikings has taken viewers by storm and has established itself as one of the most compelling, visually stunning dramas on television. With its large, passionate and loyal fan base, Vikings has cemented HISTORY firmly in the scripted series genre, just as we are the leaders in reality television,” said Dirk Hoogstra, EVP and General Manager, HISTORY & H2. “We are incredibly fortunate to have such an enormously talented cast and crew led by Michael Hirst whose intricately woven storylines vividly brings the unknown, epic world of these Norsemen to life. Season three promises to immerse viewers even deeper into the exploits of these fearless warriors who are willing to risk it all for conquest and power.”
MGM Television brought the series to the network and brings Vikings to global audiences, as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada.
“Vikings is an epic story brought alive by a talented creative team. We are delighted by the support Vikings receives from HISTORY and their audience, as well as from our partners and fans around the globe,” said Roma Khanna, President, Television Group and Digital, MGM.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020