Former NBC and CNN chiefs launch online SVOD service
Los Angeles – Jeff Gaspin, former chairman of NBC Universal Television, and Jon Klein, former president of CNN/U.S., are launching a new subscription-based online platform called TAPP, which will be home to scores of video networks built around personalities with super-fan followings. TAPP stands for “TV APP”.
TAPP channels will feature the nation’s top thought leaders in the fields of sports, politics, religion, relationships, entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, fitness and more, delivering daily content and up-close access to their most passionate followers. Subscribers will pay a monthly fee for individual channels which are delivered to their mobile devices, laptops and Internet-connected smart TVs. Subscribers simply “tap” their devices to stay in touch with those they are passionate about. TAPP orchestrates the entire process end-to-end, including programme strategy, production, user experience, marketing, distribution, app development, back-end technology and deep data analysis.
“In addition to great content, TAPP channels will offer a rich layer of consumer engagement for the super fan,” said Gaspin, TAPP’s co-founder and chairman. “We believe subscription services offer a superior business model while complementing current content offerings.”
“There will be long form content for those viewing TAPP on PCs and smart TVs, and easy to access sharable, snackable content for mobile video users on the go,” said Klein, TAPP’s co-founder and CEO. “And by building in big data capabilities from the ground up, we aim to eliminate much of the guesswork of traditional television programming.”
Co-founder Michael Greer, TAPP’s chief technology officer, headed technology and product development for The Onion during its successful transition from print to online and social media.
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 98 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 64 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020