Former NBC and CNN chiefs launch online SVOD service
Los Angeles – Jeff Gaspin, former chairman of NBC Universal Television, and Jon Klein, former president of CNN/U.S., are launching a new subscription-based online platform called TAPP, which will be home to scores of video networks built around personalities with super-fan followings. TAPP stands for “TV APP”.
TAPP channels will feature the nation’s top thought leaders in the fields of sports, politics, religion, relationships, entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, fitness and more, delivering daily content and up-close access to their most passionate followers. Subscribers will pay a monthly fee for individual channels which are delivered to their mobile devices, laptops and Internet-connected smart TVs. Subscribers simply “tap” their devices to stay in touch with those they are passionate about. TAPP orchestrates the entire process end-to-end, including programme strategy, production, user experience, marketing, distribution, app development, back-end technology and deep data analysis.
“In addition to great content, TAPP channels will offer a rich layer of consumer engagement for the super fan,” said Gaspin, TAPP’s co-founder and chairman. “We believe subscription services offer a superior business model while complementing current content offerings.”
“There will be long form content for those viewing TAPP on PCs and smart TVs, and easy to access sharable, snackable content for mobile video users on the go,” said Klein, TAPP’s co-founder and CEO. “And by building in big data capabilities from the ground up, we aim to eliminate much of the guesswork of traditional television programming.”
Co-founder Michael Greer, TAPP’s chief technology officer, headed technology and product development for The Onion during its successful transition from print to online and social media.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 45 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020