AMC/Sundance Channel Global promotes programming team
New York – AMC/Sundance Channel Global, the international division of AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX), has promoted two executives, Gail Gendler and Patrick Connolly. Harold Gronenthal, Executive Vice President of Programming & Operations, announced on March 3 that Gendler has been promoted to Vice President of Acquisitions, and Connolly has been elevated to Vice President of Programming and Scheduling. They will continue to report to Gronenthal.
Gronenthal commented, “Gail and Patrick have been integral to the expansion of our global business. Their collaborative and strategic planning across all areas of programming as well as their knowledge of international TV has resulted in increased demand for AMC/Sundance Channel Global networks.”
Gendler joined AMC Networks (formally Rainbow Media) in 2000 and oversees all acquisitions for AMC/Sundance Channel Global. In her role, she spearheads multiplatform content deals and executes the acquisition strategy for Sundance Channel Global and We tv Asia. Gendler started at the company as Director of Rights & Clearances. She began her career at NBC at Later… with Bob Costas and as part of NBC’s Olympic Unit. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism at Syracuse University and is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), New York Women in Film and Television (NYWIFT) and Women in Cable Television (WICT).
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020