AMC/Sundance Channel Global promotes programming team
New York – AMC/Sundance Channel Global, the international division of AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX), has promoted two executives, Gail Gendler and Patrick Connolly. Harold Gronenthal, Executive Vice President of Programming & Operations, announced on March 3 that Gendler has been promoted to Vice President of Acquisitions, and Connolly has been elevated to Vice President of Programming and Scheduling. They will continue to report to Gronenthal.
Gronenthal commented, “Gail and Patrick have been integral to the expansion of our global business. Their collaborative and strategic planning across all areas of programming as well as their knowledge of international TV has resulted in increased demand for AMC/Sundance Channel Global networks.”
Gendler joined AMC Networks (formally Rainbow Media) in 2000 and oversees all acquisitions for AMC/Sundance Channel Global. In her role, she spearheads multiplatform content deals and executes the acquisition strategy for Sundance Channel Global and We tv Asia. Gendler started at the company as Director of Rights & Clearances. She began her career at NBC at Later… with Bob Costas and as part of NBC’s Olympic Unit. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism at Syracuse University and is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), New York Women in Film and Television (NYWIFT) and Women in Cable Television (WICT).
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020