â€‹MIPFormats: â€‹Pâ€‹itchâ€‹ competitionâ€‹ finalistsâ€‹ announced
Paris – Reed MIDEM, organiser of MIPTV and MIPFormats, and Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITVP), announced on March 14 the five MIPFormats International Pitch competition finalists who will be invited to Cannes to pitch their projects during the 5th edition of MIPFormats (April 5-6, 2014), ahead of MIPTV (April 7-10, Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France).
The MIPFormats International Pitch is the global pitching event for creators and producers around the world with original, non-scripted entertainment formats. For the third year, Warner Bros. International Television Production, the exclusive sponsor of the competition, oversaw the pre-selection and will spend up to €25,000 to develop the winning project of the MIPFormats Pitch.
The finalists will pitch their project live on April 6 in front of an international jury of formats experts: Nick Emmerson, CEO, Ricochet (UK), Taco Ketelaar, Senior Vice President, Prime Time, Entertainment Sat.1,ProsiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland (Germany), Sandra Kleinfeld, Director of Development, Studio & Unscripted Content, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Canada), Cathrine Wiernik, Head of Development & Format Acquisitions, TV4(Sweden).
The event will be held at 10.30am-11.45am at Grand Audi – Level 1.
The five finalists are:
Have Them Dance!
Presented by Francesca Moino, TV Writer/Producer and Development, Italy and Alberto Mascia, Director and Screenwriter, Italy
Tired of your man sticking his butt cheeks to a chair all night and refusing to dance with you at every party? Women, worry no more! For all of you who have lost all hope, Niall is the answer! A skilled dancer, an amazing instigator and the king of all parties, Niall will use any means, both licit and illicit, to make your man dance: from psychological torture to physical constraint. But at the end of the training he will send you back a whole new partner, a spring John Travolta with an ever shaking booty.
Stars on the Street
Presented by Xabi Zabaleta, Head of New Formats & Projects, Pausoka, Spain
In this show, the singers have to start from the beginning: singing in the street. Each day, four singers face the most demanding jury: street passersby.
Before that, the host goes to find the selected singers to their home or work. Once the singers accept the challenge, the host takes out their cell phones and offers them one hour to choose which clothes and instruments will need for the duel.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 37 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020