ABNxcess plans for expansion in other regions
According to The Star and ABN News, digital cable network provider Asian Broadcasting Network (M) Sdn Bhd (ABNxcess) will be allocating RM 2 billion to upgrade and expand its services to other states in the next four years. It is part of the company’s plan to offer affordable internet and cable television to the masses.
Its president and chief executive officer S. Sreedhar said that besides the Klang Valley and Johor, the company would be opening up branches in Malacca in May and Seremban and Ipoh by year-end. He said that the company was in talks with the Penang government on its plans to bring their services over to the state soon.
Sreedhar added that this was the company’s effort to achieve its target to reach one million subscribers in three years’ time and five million homes nationwide in four years. “We foresee that we will be able to offer up to 200 cable channels by next year from the current 120 channels and at least 500 channels from 2015 onwards,” he said in a media briefing at its Johor Bahru service centre in Permas Jaya on March 26. The company currently has more than 80 cable channels on offer.
He said that the allocation also included opening a second service centre in Skudai, Johor, to cater to the growing market in the state, which currently has more than 500 subscribers since setting up shop in Johor late last year.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020