Ubisoft® and Sony Pictures bringing Rabbids to the big screen
Ubisoft and Sony Pictures Entertainment have announced that the studios are partnering to develop a full-length feature film based on the Rabbids, the irreverent, wacky characters from the popular TV series and video games.
Jean-Julien Baronnet, Executive Director, Ubisoft Motion Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of Production for Columbia Pictures, offered comment on the deal:
“Sony Pictures has tremendous experience developing hybrid live-action-and-animated blockbusters for audiences around the world, which makes them a natural fit for what we want to achieve with a Rabbids film,” said Baronnet. “This deal deepens our partnership with Sony Pictures and highlights our holistic approach to bringing Ubisoft’s brands to new audiences while still maintaining the brands’ creative integrity.”
Minghella added, “There is an infectious quality to the Rabbids. Their simple joy and absurd, anarchic behavior inadvertently causes you to look at the world afresh. There’s no end to the comedy and chaos they will cause when they invade our theaters.”
Recently, the Rabbids took over the small screen, thanks to partnerships between Ubisoft Motion Pictures, Nickelodeon and France Televisions. The hit show, titled Rabbids Invasion, has been seen more than 165 million times in five months; more than two million viewers on average tune into each episode in the U.S.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 75 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020