MIPTV: FremantleMedia signs up new format “Fittest Family”
London – FremantleMedia has secured the global format rights to Animo TV/Kite Entertainment’s Fittest Family. Currently airing on Irish pubcaster RTÉ One as Ireland’s Fittest Family, the primetime series is fast becoming appointment viewing for families throughout Ireland as the series delivers big numbers in its 7.30pm Saturday slot.
The six-part series sees twelve uber fit and sports mad family’s compete for the title of the nation’s fittest family and a big cash prize. Created by Animo TV and Kite Entertainment, Fittest Family is based on an original idea by Irish sporting icon Davy Fitzgerald and his business partner James Sexton.
Ireland’s Fittest Family
Each episode sees four sporting legends assigned to coach the families and push them to their fitness max. The families compete against each other as they get put through a set of extreme challenges with only the fittest surviving.
“When we first saw Fittest Family we knew we had to have it”, said FremantleMedia’s Director of Global Entertainment Development, Rob Clark. “The blend of family dynamics and intense competition come together to make this simple concept a brilliant piece of entertainment. It has real fun and a great heart at its core. We’re confident that Fittest Family can become a global hit.”
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 52 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020