Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), operator of pan-Asian channels dedicated to Asian entertainment, has unveiled a new look for its action entertainment channel KIX. The new look encompasses a logo update and a fresh new on-air graphics package anchored by the colours of yellow, black and grey. To coincide with the new look, KIX is launching a slate of action-packed programmes premiering on pay TV in Asia for the very first time. In addition, KIX will now offer all of its feeds, including its former standard definition feed, in 100% true high definition.
KIX new logo
“We have invested significantly in KIX since the formation of Celestial Tiger Entertainment to make the channel the premiere destination for action entertainment in the region. First, we invested heavily in programming and marketing. With the vast majority of programming on KIX being first and exclusive, now it’s time to refresh the channel’s look as we bring viewers an exciting new slate of action franchises. The results of these investments are already evident with triple digit growth in viewership last year in Philippines and Malaysia,” said Betty Tsui, Vice President, Programming – KIX and Thrill, Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
The new slate of programmes making their Asian pay TV debut this month on KIX include The Incredible Mr. Goodwin, a reality series following the daredevil stunts of professional escapologist. Touted as “the Houdini of the 21st Century”, Mr. Jonathan Goodwin will brave ridiculously dangerous situations such as unlocking himself from a car hurtling off a cliff, and breaking free from a straitjacket while hanging upside down from a burning rope attached to the London Eye. A hit in the UK, The Incredible Mr. Goodwin will premiere first and exclusively on KIX on Sundays at 10pm (HK/PH/MAL/SG), 9pm (JKT/BKK).
The Incredible Mr. Goodwin
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 33 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020