New York – History & H2 are in post-production on a six-hour special event series, World Wars from Stephen David Entertainment (The Men Who Built America).
World Wars will tell the story of three devastating decades of war from the perspective of the unique men who came of age in the trenches and later decided the fate of a world on the brink of disaster. World Wars was filmed in the US and Europe and will premiere later in 2014. The event series will be broadcast on both History and H2 in the US and internationally. It will also premiere on France Television and Germany’s N24 in those markets.
“2014 is the 100 year anniversary of WWI, and for History and H2 this is an incredible honor and privilege to tell one of the greatest stories of all time in a very different way,” said Dirk Hoogstra, Executive Vice President & General Manager, History and H2. “World Wars will have the same quality and cinematic story telling that The Men Who Built America and America: The Story of Us delivered to viewers both of which served as phenomenal successes for History.”
World Wars will be told through the eyes of the powerful men who held the fate of humankind in their hands; men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, DeGaulle and MacArthur. The series examines the two wars as one contiguous timeline starting in 1914 and continuing to 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age on the battlefield before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind. The stories will be told through the original style History and Stephen David Entertainment developed on the Emmy® Award-winning The Men Who Built America using state of the art CGI, dramatic scenes and contributors like General Colin Powell, Leon Panetta, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti, Senator John McCain and British Prime Minister John Major.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 86 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020