New York – History & H2 are in post-production on a six-hour special event series, World Wars from Stephen David Entertainment (The Men Who Built America).
World Wars will tell the story of three devastating decades of war from the perspective of the unique men who came of age in the trenches and later decided the fate of a world on the brink of disaster. World Wars was filmed in the US and Europe and will premiere later in 2014. The event series will be broadcast on both History and H2 in the US and internationally. It will also premiere on France Television and Germany’s N24 in those markets.
“2014 is the 100 year anniversary of WWI, and for History and H2 this is an incredible honor and privilege to tell one of the greatest stories of all time in a very different way,” said Dirk Hoogstra, Executive Vice President & General Manager, History and H2. “World Wars will have the same quality and cinematic story telling that The Men Who Built America and America: The Story of Us delivered to viewers both of which served as phenomenal successes for History.”
World Wars will be told through the eyes of the powerful men who held the fate of humankind in their hands; men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, DeGaulle and MacArthur. The series examines the two wars as one contiguous timeline starting in 1914 and continuing to 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age on the battlefield before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind. The stories will be told through the original style History and Stephen David Entertainment developed on the Emmy® Award-winning The Men Who Built America using state of the art CGI, dramatic scenes and contributors like General Colin Powell, Leon Panetta, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti, Senator John McCain and British Prime Minister John Major.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 65 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 61 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020