At the 2014 Australian Broadcasting Digital Media Summit in Sydney on February 24, Foxtel CEO Richard Freudenstein announced that Presto will be available from March 13 of this year. Presto will offer movie lovers a monthly pass to stream Foxtel Movies, both live and on demand, via PC and Mac computers and compatible iPads for AU$19.99 a month.
Presto will be available as a special offer to new customers for AU$4.99 in their first month. Subscribers can connect to Presto in minutes and are free to come and go from the service on a monthly basis, with no lock-in contract, and without the need to buy through a basic tier.
When announced last September, the subscription video-on-demand service had been due to launch before the end of 2013 with a monthly fee of AU$24.99, but it was delayed due to “technical issues”, as reported by the Australian Financial Review.
Presto’s launch comes as Australia’s appetite for access to streamed content, delivered over the internet to different devices, continues its massive growth. The new movie service will feature an intuitive interface and will deliver the best in local and international movies including curated collections, recommendations and critics’ reviews.
All Presto movies are ad-break-free and the service offers films from all seven Foxtel Movies live channels including: Foxtel Movies Premiere, Foxtel Movies Comedy, Foxtel Movies Romance, Foxtel Movies Thriller, Foxtel Movies Action, Foxtel Movies Family, and Foxtel Movies Masterpiece, as well as on demand movies from these channels.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 241 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 171 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021