Endemol’s formats continue roll out in Central and Eastern Europe
Endemol announced on February 24 that it has closed a lineup of new deals for its international game show formats in Central and Eastern Europe.
Broadcasters in Poland, Macedonia and Serbia have snapped up first series of U.K. originated hit Pointless from Endemol.
Endemol Poland has been commissioned by TVP2 to produce 26 episodes of the quiz, which puts obscure knowledge to the test. The series will launch in access prime time on the channel at the end of the month.
In Serbia PRVA has ordered a 24-part run of the show, whilst in Macedonia Sitel has commissioned 30 episodes. These deals follow the format’s success in Croatia where a second series of 129 episodes recently debuted on RTL Televizija, pulling in 13.3% above the channel average in its first week.
Next One from Endemol Italy, the quiz where contestants queue up on stage to take part in a high-speed game of knowledge, has been renewed for further series in Hungary and Albania. MTVA in Hungary has commissioned a second season of 95 episodes, which is due to air this month. In Albania a third series of 15 episodes has been ordered by Top Channel.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020