Endemol’s formats continue roll out in Central and Eastern Europe
Endemol announced on February 24 that it has closed a lineup of new deals for its international game show formats in Central and Eastern Europe.
Broadcasters in Poland, Macedonia and Serbia have snapped up first series of U.K. originated hit Pointless from Endemol.
Endemol Poland has been commissioned by TVP2 to produce 26 episodes of the quiz, which puts obscure knowledge to the test. The series will launch in access prime time on the channel at the end of the month.
In Serbia PRVA has ordered a 24-part run of the show, whilst in Macedonia Sitel has commissioned 30 episodes. These deals follow the format’s success in Croatia where a second series of 129 episodes recently debuted on RTL Televizija, pulling in 13.3% above the channel average in its first week.
Next One from Endemol Italy, the quiz where contestants queue up on stage to take part in a high-speed game of knowledge, has been renewed for further series in Hungary and Albania. MTVA in Hungary has commissioned a second season of 95 episodes, which is due to air this month. In Albania a third series of 15 episodes has been ordered by Top Channel.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 141 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021