BoxTV introduces mobile payments for U.K. subscribers
India’s video streaming service BoxTV.com, which introduced mobile-enabled payment mode in India last October, has now launched mobile-enabled payments for its subscribers in the U.K.
Starting immediately, customers of Virgin Mobile, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, 3 and O2 in the UK will be able to purchase BoxTV mobile packs online or through BoxTV’s Android application, with the help of its mobile billing partner Fortumo.
Speaking on the announcement, Pandurang Nayak, Business Head – BoxTV.com said: “With a large diaspora of Indians in the UK, BoxTV is glad to offer them an additional option to pay conveniently through their mobile phone for enjoying premium Bollywood and regional content. The success of this payment mode in India has encouraged us to introduce this key feature to more territories. We are happy to announce this new mode of payment for 100% of the UK’s mobile customer base.”
“Many people do not want to pay for digital content using credit cards because it requires sharing personal information. Operator billing removes this problem because no personal data is shared – the user enters his/her phone number and the payment is charged to their phone bill. This provides a faster and risk-free purchasing experience. BoxTV has been a premier partner in India and we are excited to work with them to give U.K.’s Bollywood fans access to their favourite content,” added Gerri Kodres, Senior Vice President of Business Development & Carrier Relations at Fortumo.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 47 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020