London – BBC Worldwide Showcase, the world’s largest international television market hosted by a single distributor, will be welcoming an amazing array of talent to Liverpool including Graham Norton, the cast from The Musketeers, Tom Hollander, Nick Frost, the professional dancers from India’s Dancing with the Stars, and many more, including a few special guest surprises, when it opens its doors on February 23.
In its 38th year, this is the biggest BBC Worldwide Showcase ever with a record number of 725 delegates attending the four day event (February 23 – 26) at Liverpool’s BT Convention Centre. Evening events include a celebration of BBC Worldwide’s global brands such as Top Gear, BBC Earth, Doctor Who, Sherlock and Dancing with the Stars presented by Graham Norton, and a launch for the BBC’s new drama The Musketeers featuring all the lead cast.
The new-look daytime genre premieres will feature a wide range of award-winning writers, producers and on-screen talent including Hollywood writer and director, Robert B. Weide (Curb Your Enthusiasm, How to Lose Friends & Alienate People) talking about his new comedy Mr Sloane with actor Nick Frost, American popular science writer Steven Johnson, historian/presenter Dan Snow and actor/wildlife enthusiast Dominic Monaghan (Lost, Lord of the Rings) amongst many others. Special digital sessions will also take place including a panel discussion on TV versus Digital with Jason Ropell, Head of International Content Acquisition, Digital Video at Amazon and Theo Luke, Partner Developer EMEA at Twitter Amplify.
Paul Dempsey, President Global Markets, BBC Worldwide said: “We’ve had a phenomenal response to our 38th annual Showcase in Liverpool with many first time attendees including Google Play and DirecTV, making this flagship event for British TV exports the most global yet. We have a great slate of new titles across every genre and are delighted to be hosting some superb talent over the four days of the event.”
BBC Worldwide’s Showcase slate contains a raft of brand new programming. As well as The Musketeers, another new BBC drama The Game (6×50) will be launched along with Series 2 of Temple Street Production’s Orphan Black. Starring Critics’ Choice Award winner and Golden Globe® nominee Tatiana Maslany, Series 1 has been sold to 16 broadcasters including the UK (BBC Three), France (Numero 23), Australia (SBS), Korea (KBS and AXN Korea) and Germany (ZDFNeo) which has acquired both Series 1 and 2. Co-creators of Orphan Black, Graeme Manson and John Fawcett, will be flying in from filming season 2 in Toronto to talk about the critically acclaimed thriller at the Drama Premiere.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 80 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 55 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 52 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020