ABS-CBN opens 2014 with light romance and action drama
Two of ABS-CBN’s top-rating dramas, the light romantic-comedy Got to Believe and action-suspense-drama Against All Odds (“Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala”) were received positively at the annual Asian Television Forum (ATF) held in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore in December 2013. ABS-CBN Corporation, the Philippines’ largest multimedia conglomerate, through its International Distribution Division, showcased the two new dramas that will air worldwide in 2014.
“We are very glad to end 2013 with strong international sales of our drama content. Got to Believe and Against All Odds are two of our best produced dramas of 2013 and they are attracting a lot of markets together with Be Careful with my Heart. These three dramas represent the continuous evolution of our storytelling and improved production values that are being appreciated abroad, particularly in Asia and Africa,” explained ABS-CBN Head International Distribution Leng Raymundo.
As of January 2014, Against All Odds, top billed by Philippines television’s “Queen of Filipino Soap Operas” Judy Ann Santos, was already sold to Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam. The series captivated buyers with its brave and compelling storyline about the journey of Anessa, who mirrors the plight of women who are victims of domestic violence. It created a buzz in the Philippines as the first “advocacy-series” as the soap specifically tackles and advocates women’s rights.
Got to Believe, meanwhile, also received numerous inquiries and negotiations are still in the works. It stars the Philippines most sought-after teen stars and on-screen tandem, Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, who portray young lovers Chichay (Bernardo) and Joaquin (Padilla) who experience the magic of love for the first time despite their differences and despite their awkward start — Chichay being the nanny of the shy and stubborn rich kid Joaquin.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 73 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021