Starz’s original “Power” to premiere at MIPTV 2014
Paris – MIPTV announces the exclusive preview of the upcoming Starz original drama series, Power, as the MIPTV 2014 World Premiere TV Screening. The eight-episode first season was created by showrunner Courtney Kemp Agboh (The Good Wife) with Curtis Jackson, aka 50 Cent, on board as Executive Producer and part of a stellar cast.
Power tells the story of wealthy New York City nightclub owner, James ‘Ghost’ St. Patrick, who caters to the city’s elite. He wants to build an empire, turning the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: he is living a double life. When he is not in the nightclub, he is the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York for a very high-level clientele. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he has always dreamed of being. Set in modern day New York, the series will film in and around the city’s five boroughs, making New York a major character throughout the season.
“I am excited to host the World Premiere TV Screening of Power at MIPTV with Starz. We are looking forward to bringing this story to audiences around the world,” said Executive Producer Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson.
“Starz is thrilled to premiere Power at MIPTV 2014,” said Starz CEO Chris Albrecht. “It’s a universal story of power, seduction and the desire for redemption, all set against one of the most striking and glamorous backdrops in the world – New York City. We believe world-wide audiences will be swept up in the storytelling, the city and the music. MIPTV is the perfect setting to premiere Power.”
“We are honoured that Starz has chosen to showcase its latest major new series as a World Premiere TV Screening at MIPTV. This underlines the impact of the event, which is ideally suited to a show like Power that is bound to have wide appeal to the numerous international buyers and media present in Cannes,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 83 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 81 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020