FOX Sports renews Australian Open rights for 20 territories in Asia
Asia – FOX International Channels (FIC) Asia, 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business and Asia’s leading pay-TV network, announced that they have successfully renewed the multi-year contract for the exclusive rights to broadcast the Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific, the Australian Open, across 20 territories in Asia.
The tournament, the first of the annual Grand Slam events, has been a part of FOX Sports’ line-up for over 16 years and will continue to be showcased on FOX Sports’ network of channels across multiple platforms including television, broadband, mobile and IPTV. With this multi-year renewal of the Australian Open, FOX Sports will now showcase 3 out of 4 tennis Grand Slams including The Championship, Wimbledon and the French Open, rights of which it acquired earlier this year.
Under this new renewal agreement with Tennis Australia, fans will get to see more than 100 hours of LIVE tennis action from the Rod Laver Arena along with special programming, which includes enhanced coverage across multiple platforms and devices. To help fans enjoy the Australian Open broadcast even more, FOX Sports will continue to showcase the tournament in Mandarin and Cantonese, in addition to English. From 2015 onwards, this multi-language coverage across territories will be expanded to include Thai, Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 74 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020