DHX Media appoints UYoung Media Group for series campaign
Halifax, Los Angeles, London, Toronto Vancouver – DHX Media has appointed UYoung Media Group to spearhead a comprehensive licencing and merchandising campaign in China for its hit property In the Night Garden, which airs on China’s state broadcaster CCTV. In the Night Garden has achieved international success, airing in 36 countries and translated into 19 languages.
Stephen Gould, Commercial Director at DHX Media, said: “This is a hugely significant deal for the brand, with a wealth of potential in one of the most exciting and yet challenging territories in the world. UYoung is uniquely positioned with a strong partnership network and market expertise to considerably boost the presence of In the Night Garden in China. UYoung will harness and build upon the solid foundations already in place with existing licensees and CCTV as our key broadcast partner. We are very pleased to appoint a commercial entity of this calibre as we strategically focus on taking this quintessential and delightful pre-school brand to its next level of resurgent popularity in key territories worldwide.”
Debbie Gai, General Branding Manager at UYoung, added: “We are delighted to be appointed as the exclusive Chinese agent for In The Night Garden, which has established a loyal and expanding fan-base in the local market. We look forward to working with DHX Media to further the worldwide growth of this magical children’s property, continuing to establish it as one of the best-loved preschool brands in China.”
The show launched on CCTV in May 2009 to immediate success as the number one rated children’s programme for the territory in its first season. An In the Night Garden magazine and a range of toys from molded plastic and plush through to stationery have already been launched in China with Excel Media distributing DVD and 30 book titles already published through licensee Children’s Fun.In addition, licensee Shanghai Yingbao has opened a third In the Night Garden edu-tainment centre in Shanghai, China.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020