Channel NewsAsia officially opens news bureau in Myanmar
Singapore – Regional broadcaster, Channel NewsAsia, celebrates the official opening of its news bureau in Yangon, Myanmar, making it the channel’s 13thbureau in Southeast and East Asia.
The channel’s correspondent, May Wong, based in Yangon, will report from the ground to capture the developments in Myanmar as it opens up after half a century of isolation. This is also a significant year as the country assumes the ASEAN Chair for the first time.
A broadcast journalist with 17 years of experience, May Wong has been filing stories from Myanmar since a year ago. In the more recent events, the channel was able to give regional viewers a close up on the Southeast Asian Games in Myanmar and the just-concluded ASEAN Ministerial Meeting. On the business front, she provided insights on plans to set up the country’s first stock exchange, and its strategies to grow the aviation sector and to build a new airport to meet rising air passenger traffic.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020