The announcement was made by Armando Nuñez, President and Chief Executive Officer of the CBS Global Distribution Group, to whom Chamberlain will continue to report.
In his new position, Chamberlain will lead CBS’s international content distribution business across a growing global marketplace of terrestrial, cable and satellite channels, as well as subscription video-on-demand, online and other digital platforms.
He will work with Nuñez and the division’s 13 regional offices to create and execute distribution strategies that maximise revenue for CBS content in more than 200 international territories, drawing from CBS Corporation’s portfolio of content, including CBS Television Studios, CBS Television Distribution, SHOWTIME, CBS News and the largest television library among all U.S. studios.
Since September 2009, Chamberlain has served as Executive Vice President, Sales, CBS Studios International, playing a key role in CBS’s growing international distribution business. Most recently, he has been involved in some of CBS’s biggest global sales campaigns, including Under the Dome, NCIS, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Hawaii Five-0 and Dexter, among others.
“I’ve had the good fortune to work with Barry for the past two decades, including the last 15 years at CBS,” said Nuñez. “I’m incredibly proud of Barry’s accomplishments, excited to promote him to this expanded role and honoured to have him as a partner as we continue to grow CBS’s international business.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020