Hong Kong’s Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB) has announced the passing of its Chairman, Sir Run Run Shaw on January 7, 2014. Sir Run Run, aged 107, passed away peacefully in the company of his family.
Sir Run Run was among the founding directors of TVB in 1967, where he held the position of Executive Chairman for 30 years. Combining vision and energy, he brought the company to prominence, becoming Hong Kong’s leading TV station and a world leader of Chinese-language television industry.
In a statement released by TVB, the company expressed its sorrow towards the loss. A private funeral will be held for Sir Run Run, while details of the memorial service will be announced later.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 47 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020