â€‹BBC Worldwide sells “Dancing with the Stars” to Cambodiâ€‹aâ€‹
The announcement marks the debut of Dancing with the Stars in Cambodia. It is also BBC Worldwide’s first format sale in the country.
One of BBC Worldwide’s most popular global brands, Dancing with the Stars has been licensed in 49 countries, and a version of the show has been seen in over 75 countries, with over 220 series to date. Local versions of Dancing with the Stars air in countries as diverse as Lebanon, India and Russia. The brand has also extended into live events, gaming and digital properties. In Asia, the format has been sold in Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, China, South Korea and two versions in India. In India, the sixth and latest season of the Hindi version, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa achieved its best audience figures to date for Colors.
â€‹The grand finale pushed the show to the top of weekend programming nearly doubling the ratings from 2012.
“Cambodia is an important market in the growth of our business in Asia,” said Mark Whitehead, SVP & GM South East Asia and Channels Lead, BBC Worldwide, Asia. “Earlier this year, we launched BBC World News, BBC Lifestyle and BBC Knowledge in the country. With this new deal, we hope to introduce Cambodian viewers to more quality content from the BBC. Dancing with the Stars has been a huge global success and we are confident that the local format will take on the same reception with the viewers there.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020