MIPFormats International Pitch 2014 entries now open
Paris – Reed MIDEM, organiser of MIPTV and MIPFormats, and Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITVP), have announced the renewal of their partnership. For the third year, the U.S. major will be the exclusive sponsor of the MIPFormats International Pitch 2014 competition. Preceding the annual MIPTV content market (7-10 April 2014), the 5th edition of MIPFormats will take place in Cannes, 5-6 April.
The call for entries is now open to companies with new and unique concepts, who will vie for the chance to win up to €25,000 in development funding from WBITVP. Applicants can submit their project and complete the entry form now until February 3, 2014.
The finalists will be announced early March and the winner will be unveiled at the end of the MIPFormats pitching event in Cannes’ Palais des Festivals, on Sunday 6 April 2014.
The MIPFormats International Pitch is open to all creators and producers around the world who want to present original, non-scripted entertainment formats. Selection will be based on creativity, originality, innovation, and the potential for a concept to return with multiple series. Selectors will also be looking for well-structured non-scripted formats in the entertainment, factual entertainment and game show genres, with potential to export to countries small and large.
Andrew Zein, SVP, Creative, Format Development and Sales at WBITVP said: “MIPFormats has established itself as the world’s leading competition for new formats, and the last two competitions in particular have delivered outstanding ideas from across the world. We are delighted once again to be the sponsor.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020