KidsCo, the international channel targeting children 6-10, will close following a joint decision by shareholders of the JV, NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment.
KidsCo released the following statement:
“As one of many children’s linear services available in the international market, growing the KidsCo business has been challenging. As a result, both shareholders – NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment – have decided to discontinue the joint venture service by early 2014.”
The children’s channel saw a revamp under new Managing Director Hendrik McDermott, who took over the channel from founder and CEO Paul Robinson in November 2011. McDermott secured a Syfy Kids programming block on KidsCo that debuted on July 22, 2013 across Asia and South Africa, featuring original programming and acquired titles from JV partners NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment. All primetime programming in Asia was fully dubbed in Malaysian, Indonesian, Cantonese and Mandarin to cater to local markets.
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 104 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 101 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020