KidsCo, the international channel targeting children 6-10, will close following a joint decision by shareholders of the JV, NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment.
KidsCo released the following statement:
“As one of many children’s linear services available in the international market, growing the KidsCo business has been challenging. As a result, both shareholders – NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment – have decided to discontinue the joint venture service by early 2014.”
The children’s channel saw a revamp under new Managing Director Hendrik McDermott, who took over the channel from founder and CEO Paul Robinson in November 2011. McDermott secured a Syfy Kids programming block on KidsCo that debuted on July 22, 2013 across Asia and South Africa, featuring original programming and acquired titles from JV partners NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment. All primetime programming in Asia was fully dubbed in Malaysian, Indonesian, Cantonese and Mandarin to cater to local markets.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 40 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020