Genius Brands and A Squared Entertainment announce merger
Beverly Hills, California – Genius Brands International, Inc. and A Squared Entertainment LLC have announced a merger to form an intellectual property (IP) and multimedia content creation and distribution company focused on branded “content with a purpose” for kids.
Combining the assets and experience of both companies, the two companies will be consolidated under the Genius Brands International banner. Andy Heyward, formerly CEO of DIC Entertainment and Co-President of A Squared Entertainment, will assume the role of Chairman and CEO of Genius Brands International; Amy Moynihan Heyward, formerly Co-President of A Squared Entertainment, will serve as President. Klaus Moeller, currently CEO of Genius, will become Genius Brands Vice President of Special Markets, and will continue with the company as a member of its Board of Directors.
Genius Brands International
“This merger brings together complementary media companies that are dedicated to providing entertainment that is as enriching as it is entertaining for kids,” said Heyward. “Through this merger, we are creating the first multimedia IP creation and brand management company to exclusively provide value-driven content for kids, from infancy to their pre-teen years, in multiple formats around the world.”
Effective upon the company meeting its informational and reporting requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the new Genius Brands International Board of Directors will consist of former California Governor Gray Davis; Jeff Weiss, President and COO of American Greetings Corporation Inc.; Lynne Segall, Publisher and Senior Vice President of The Hollywood Reporter; Will McDonough, Founding Partner of Atlas Merchant Capital, formerly a Partner at Goldman Sachs; and Bernard Cahill, co-founder of ROAR. Klaus Moeller, Andy Heyward, and Amy Moynihan Heyward, complete the Board of Directors.
“We have gathered an accomplished group of independent directors whose experience spans media, finance, governance, and kids entertainment to join our Board,” noted Moynihan Heyward. “Together with the existing expertise and resources within our two companies, the Board provides Genius Brands International with the talents of highly experienced individuals, knowledgeable in various diverse aspects of our business, who will help drive our growth.”
“A Squared, with its long-standing relationships throughout the international broadcast community, will be able to bring Genius Brands’ content to the global IP marketplace, on a much larger scale than we ever did before,” noted Moeller. “In turn, Genius Brands has well-established direct distribution channels for both multimedia content and consumer products in the U.S. that will enable the company to reach incremental consumers outside of the traditional broadcast and retail marketplace.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 28 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- ABP Network achieves threefold growth in digital 24 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020