FIC Asia secures new sports rights and programming
Asia – Within a year of its acquisition of the sports business, FOX International Channels (FIC) Asia, 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business and Asia’s leading pay-TV network, has boosted its sports channels FOX Sports and STAR Sports, resulting in higher viewership and returns.
The sports network is integrating with FIC’s existing bouquet of entertainment, factual and lifestyle channels with the acquisition of signature sports events such as the Bundesliga and Formula E, the creation of localised sports hubs, and new programming.
FIC has secured the rights of some of the most exciting and popular events around the globe such as:
Tennis (French Open): The latest multi-year acquisition of the French Open across all major markets in the region cements its position as the ‘Home of Tennis’, making it 3 out of 4 tennis Grand Slams as it already showcases The Championship, Wimbledon and The Australian Open across its networks.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 94 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 58 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 48 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Viu announces new Korean Viu Original drama series ‘River Where the Moon Rises’ 43 views | posted on January 27, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020