Channel NewsAsia’s Thailand Business Insights series opens in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand – Channel NewsAsia has opened its regional series of CEO and top business leader seminars in Bangkok. Thailand Business Insights featured high level international corporate and industry leaders discussing key governance issues facing today’s governments and businesses on the topic, “The Board for Tomorrow”.
Dr. Vorapol Socatiyanurak of the Securities General, Securities & Exchange Commission, in his opening address said, “This gathering of industry leaders and the discussion on tomorrow’s boardroom underscores the critical function of an effective board and governance structure.They contribute to the reputation and legitimacy of companies and would help bring back better confidence for businesses for the country and for the region.”
Thailand Business Insights is part of Channel NewsAsia’s attempt to establish linkages across Asia through these forums to promote understanding of the business climate and an update on practices in the Asian century.
Debra Soon, Managing Director of Channel NewsAsia said, “We are invested in Asia. As a news channel, we aim to present different perspectives of the news so that we create better appreciation of Asia. By accessing key people in Thailand and other countries, we give them the opportunity to speak to the rest of Asia and to the world through our network.”
Soon added, “We invite Thai partners to use Channel NewsAsia as a platform to create better knowledge of the Thai business, economy and society. It could be to co-produce TV programmes or to extend sponsorship opportunities in events like these to promote the brand and products to
the rest of Asia.”
The Thailand Business Insights panel discussion was facilitated by the channel’s award-winning Chief Editor, Lian Pek. Her panel included David Gerald, President & CEO, Securities Investors Association (Singapore); Dr. Roger Barker, Director of Corporate Governance & Professional Standards, Institute of Directors (London); Vichate Tantiwanich,Senior Vice President of General Affairs,Thai Beverage Public Company; Tay Woon Teck, Managing Director, RSM Ethos Pte Ltd and Vikrom Kromadit, CEO Amata Corporation.
The seminar, presented as Perspectives, is recorded and will broadcast on Channel NewsAsia on Sunday, November 24, 2013.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021