Cartoon Network Amazone appoints top entertainment professionals
Chris Colby David Kort
Bang Saray, Thailand – Cartoon Network Amazone, the world’s first Cartoon Network-themed waterpark, has announced the appointment of two of the most renowned professionals in the global live entertainment industry. Chris Colby has been named Head of Creative Production, while David Kort serves as Head of Live Entertainment for the billion-baht destination, which is set to open in Bang Saray, Thailand, in the first half of 2014.
“We are thrilled to welcome Chris and David to the Cartoon Network Amazone launch team,” said Liakat Dhanji, Chief Executive Officer of Amazon Falls Co. Ltd. “Cartoon Network Amazone is going to be an immersive entertainment experience in every sense of the word. In addition to having some of the world’s most exhilarating water coasters, there will also be amazing live entertainment plus incredible social and interactive features that will bring fans even closer to their favourite Cartoon Network characters. Chris and David will prove invaluable as we develop our entertainment line up into a spectacle that has never been staged at a themed water park anywhere on earth.”
Colby and Kort directed and choreographed, respectively, Peter Pan – the Musical at Kuala Lumpur’s Sunway Lagoon during Christmas 2010, for which they won “BrandLaureate” Personality awards for their contributions in Performing Arts and Theatre. Colby is an accomplished director, producer and performer of television and theatre programmes whose credits include popular shows and musicals in London’s West End, Covent Garden and the Edinburgh Festival. In recent years he has worked exclusively in the tourism and leisure industry, directing productions on the luxury ocean liners Aurora and Oriana and writing musicals for P&O Cruise Lines.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 135 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020