“The Blacklist” breaks records with successful premiere
Cannes/ Culver City, California – Following successful premieres in the U.S., Canada, UK, Mexico, Korea and Australia, Sony Pictures Television’s (SPT) The Blacklist has maintained its substantial audience into the drama’s subsequent episodes. The crime thriller, which premiered September 23, 2013 in the U.S. as NBC’s best drama debut in more than six years, saw Week 2 break U.S. DVR history with L+3 figures adding over five million viewers.
The Blacklist held 97% of its U.S. premiere numbers in Week 2 in both total viewers and 18-49 after three days of DVR viewing.
NBC has picked up the SPT series for a full season order of 22 episodes. Jon Bokenkamp (The Call, Taking Lives), John Eisendrath(Alias), John Davis (Predator, I, Robot, Chronicle) and John Fox serve as executive producers.
In Canada, episode two of The Blacklist held 94% of its premiere audience on Global, marking the highest retention rate of a total premiere audience for any new show this season. In Mexico, the second installment significantly built on the premiere with audience growth of 30% on Sony Entertainment Television, again leading the competition in the hour.
In the UK, Sky Living is celebrating The Blacklist as the channel’s highest rating series premiere in 20 years, being the No. 1 non-terrestrial programme of the day in all key demographics.
- ‘The Rookie’ starring Nathan Fillion is coming to AXN Asia starting 23 February 108 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Viu to showcase 11 new Korean dramas in February and March 90 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020