SPT to launch Asian general entertainment channel in Vietnam
Singapore — Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks has announced that it will launch a brand new channel, GEM, which will feature popular general entertainment content from across Asia and is set to launch in Vietnam in January 2014. The launch of GEM marks SPT Networks’ second channel in Vietnam. It also operates AXN, which is currently available in SD and HD on all major Vietnamese TV platforms across the country.
Vietnam is one of the fastest growing pay-TV markets in the region. According to a recent study by Media Partners Asia, pay-TV subscribers are projected to grow from 4.8 million in 2012 to 8.1 million by 2020, with both cable and DTH remaining critical growth platforms in Vietnam. Pay-TV advertising is also anticipated to grow during the same time period, from US$108 million to US$209 million (2013 Asia Pacific Pay-TV & Broadband Markets Report, Media Partners Asia).
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 48 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020