SPT to launch Asian general entertainment channel in Vietnam
Singapore — Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks has announced that it will launch a brand new channel, GEM, which will feature popular general entertainment content from across Asia and is set to launch in Vietnam in January 2014. The launch of GEM marks SPT Networks’ second channel in Vietnam. It also operates AXN, which is currently available in SD and HD on all major Vietnamese TV platforms across the country.
Vietnam is one of the fastest growing pay-TV markets in the region. According to a recent study by Media Partners Asia, pay-TV subscribers are projected to grow from 4.8 million in 2012 to 8.1 million by 2020, with both cable and DTH remaining critical growth platforms in Vietnam. Pay-TV advertising is also anticipated to grow during the same time period, from US$108 million to US$209 million (2013 Asia Pacific Pay-TV & Broadband Markets Report, Media Partners Asia).
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 99 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 65 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020