Scripps names Head of Content and Marketing for Asia Pacific
Singapore – Cheah Chee Kong (CheeK), a media veteran with close to 20 years of experience in entertainment, films and television production in Asia, has been named head of content, creative and marketing of Asia Pacific for Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. In this new role, CheeK will be responsible for developing and executing programming strategies, original productions, setting the creative direction and marketing for Scripps’ channels in the region: Asian Food Channel, Travel Channel and Food Network.
Cheah Chee Kong
“I have always admired Scripps’ brands and am thrilled to be part of such a terrific platform and growth opportunity,” CheeK said. CheeK will be based in Singapore and report to Derek Chang, managing director of Asia Pacific. His appointment is effective November 1, 2013.
“CheeK’s appointment is part of the plan to build a deep and experienced management team as Scripps executes its growth plan in Asia,” said Derek Chang. “His extensive knowledge of the region gives him a keen understanding of local tastes which will be instrumental as he leads our overall programming strategy and oversees the development of our local productions.”
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021