Scripps names Head of Content and Marketing for Asia Pacific
Singapore – Cheah Chee Kong (CheeK), a media veteran with close to 20 years of experience in entertainment, films and television production in Asia, has been named head of content, creative and marketing of Asia Pacific for Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. In this new role, CheeK will be responsible for developing and executing programming strategies, original productions, setting the creative direction and marketing for Scripps’ channels in the region: Asian Food Channel, Travel Channel and Food Network.
Cheah Chee Kong
“I have always admired Scripps’ brands and am thrilled to be part of such a terrific platform and growth opportunity,” CheeK said. CheeK will be based in Singapore and report to Derek Chang, managing director of Asia Pacific. His appointment is effective November 1, 2013.
“CheeK’s appointment is part of the plan to build a deep and experienced management team as Scripps executes its growth plan in Asia,” said Derek Chang. “His extensive knowledge of the region gives him a keen understanding of local tastes which will be instrumental as he leads our overall programming strategy and oversees the development of our local productions.”
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020