PGS signs three-year, first-look deal with Zagtoon
Paris – Leading kids programming distributor and brand manager PGS Entertainment has signed an exclusive, first-look deal with kids entertainment producer Zagtoon for all Zagtoon properties.
The first project under the terms of the new partnership will be for the global distribution of the live action/ animated series Ghostforce.The announcement was made by Philippe Soutter, President of PGS Entertainment, and Jeremy Zag, CEO, Zagtoon.
The first Zagtoon property PGS will introduce under the new partnership is Ghostforce, a new series that combines live action with animation to tell the story of a New York City chemistry teacher who develops a technology capable of capturing and storing ghosts who are terrorising the locals.
Founded in 2009 by Jeremy Zag and Jacqueline Tordjman, who co-founded the Saban Company, Zagtoon has built a solid reputation for creating innovative animated TV series and movies for kids. PGS and Zagtoon first worked together on the launch of the new Ladybug animated series, which was the No. 1 most-viewed property at the Mip Jr. conference last week.
“Zagtoon is one of the most visionary and creative producers in the kids programming field today,” commented Philippe Soutter. “Back from our successful launch of Ladybug at Mip Jr., it made sense to build a more strategic partnership with Jeremy and Jacqueline for the future. Their upcoming lineup is truly ground-breaking and will change the future of kids entertainment. We couldn’t be more excited.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 71 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 62 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020