“National Geographic has covered stories of people from around the world for 125 years, and the international launch of Nat Geo People is a natural, strategic extension for NGCI, offering an exciting new way to deliver this kind of content with heart and impact”, said Ward Platt, CEO of NGCI.
“Nat Geo People will bring viewers emotional and entertaining true stories of real people; think of it as Real TV as opposed to Reality TV. Our focus is on compelling characters who take you into riveting subcultures and on exhilarating adventures”, added Hamish Mykura, NGCI’s Executive Vice President and Head of International Content. “Nat Geo’s female viewers enjoy shows about people and cultures and we wanted to give those stories a home”.
Nat Geo People’s content and programming strategy will be overseen by NGCI’s global content hub team based in London under the leadership of Mykura, with significant input from programming teams in local markets.
Nat Geo People’s premiere schedule includes:
David Rocco’s Dolce Vita – Celebrity chef David Rocco puts his unique style and passion for bringing interesting people and great food together in this remarkable series. Based in Italy, each 13-part season captures the magic that happens when recipes and food are enthusiastically shared.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020