MIPCOM: Discovery Enterprises to represent New World Distribution docs
“Discovery Enterprises International is pleased to be working with New World Distribution to expand our growing catalogue of feature length programmes. These exceptional films are a natural fit for DEI’s product catalogue, and we look forward to sharing them with our clients and viewers around the world,” said Elliot Wagner, Vice President, DEI.
“Discovery is one of the most recognisable and highly-valued media brands in the world, and we are honoured to have our films represented internationally by them,” said Cary Floyd, CCO of New World Distribution.
The Cold War and Beyond: This documentary feature by Jim Thebaut establishes an inside view of the Cold War era – and the events and decisions which lead to the escalation of the arms race, the development of over 60,000 nuclear warheads, and a profound stockpile of chemical and biological weapons. Told through the eyes of former Soviet and U.S. leadership, the Cold War story is vividly and dramatically presented, providing a perspective on its deadly legacy on today’s fragile world.
A Deeper Shade of Blue: This award-winning film from legendary surfing film maker Jack McCoy – one of the most respected film makers in the industry and the man behind cult titles such as Occy the Occumentary and Blue Horizon – is considered to be the greatest surf story ever told.
Chasing Rainbows: In America, the battle between mainstream conservatives and gay rights activists started in Hawaii in the 1990s, with the first lawsuit from a same sex couple suing a state over the right to marry. This film offers an in-depth look at a controversial but highly personal issue that has divided the United States.
Bboy for Life: A powerful story of struggle, loss, hope and victory, Cheez & Gato are talented breakdancers—also known as “Bboys”—from Central America. Together with the “Poker Crew”, they battle some of the world’s toughest gangs on the streets—and on stage, compete against other dancers who are battling to be the best Bboys in Central America.
Running Dry: This impactful documentary showcases a heartbreaking look at the devastating impacts of water shortages around the world—and the thousands of lives lost each day.
Morenita: Desperate to save his family from death threats by a notorious drug dealer, Mateo Cruz steals the venerated image of the Virgin of Guadalupe – and causes pandemonium throughout Mexico.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.8k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 72 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020