MIPCOM: BBC Worldwide announces formats slate
Also new on the formats slate for Cannes are two original commissions for BBC Worldwide’s channels. Best in Town, devised by Richard Bacon’s Mox Productions, is a funny, highly competitive format in which small business owners battle it out to be named the local leaders in their chosen field, over two rounds scored by each other and a third by an industry expert. Million Dollar Intern, also originated for broadcast on BBC Worldwide’s global channels, taps into the creativity and dynamism of a new generation of young entrepreneurs. This factual entertainment format sees young tycoons from around the world go undercover for a week to revive the fortunes of failing businesses.
Another new format set to make its MIPCOM debut is Why Don’t You Speak English?, a brave, warm and often humorous series in which four first-generation immigrants attempt to learn the language of their adopted country taught by a local.
BBC Worldwide is also bringing scripted format Twenty Twelve, the critically-acclaimed mockumentary about a team pulling together a major world sporting event, in this case the London Olympics.
Rounding off the slate are established formats The Great Bake Off, Antiques Roadshow, Beat the Pack, Chefs: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Junior Doctors – Your Life in Their Hands and Mastermind.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020