Marcopoto presented with Lifetime Achievement Award at CASBAA 2013
Hong Kong – The 20th CASBAA Convention culminated with the Lifetime Achievement Award and Chairman’s Award presented to Steve Marcopoto, outgoing President and Managing Director, Turner International Asia Pacific Limited.
“On behalf of CASBAA and the industry as a whole, I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for the years of service Steve Marcopoto has given to the industry and the Association,” said Marcel Fenez, Chairman, CASBAA. “As a pioneer of the pay-TV industry in Asia and a long standing member of the Board of Directors, Marcopoto has been an important voice in establishing the agenda and direction of CASBAA.”
Since taking the helm as President and Managing Director of Turner Broadcasting Systems in 1998, Marcopoto has overseen the growth of Turner’s business in Asia Pacific from their first linear, pan-regional TV channel to a multimedia, multi-language, multi-territory enterprise creating award-winning channels and brands.
Under his leadership Turner has grown from broadcasting two networks in the region to 37 channels today in 11 languages and in 40 countries, along with a vast array of digital and off-channel commercial activities. These channels include CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Pogo, TCM Turner Classic Movies, Tabi Channel, MondoTV, WB, QTV and truTV. In an increasingly competitive environment, Marcopoto has maintained Turner’s leadership position in news and kids channels, forged entry into new territories and built great partnerships.
Recent accolades won under his leadership and initiatives include the launch of truTV across Southeast Asia in 2010; CNN being named ‘Cable and Satellite Network of the Year’ among five honours at the 2011 Asian Television Awards; the development of Cartoon Network’s first branded waterpark, Cartoon Network Amazone, launching in Bang Saray, Thailand, next year; Southeast Asian launches of Toonami and Cartoonito in 2012; the launch Boomerang in Thailand; and the launch of the Adult Swim OTT service in Australia, the first of its kind for the company in the region.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 482 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 96 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 80 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021