HIT Entertainment sells over 120 hours of pre-school content globally
The deals significantly increase the global footprint of HIT’s brands with sales to TV and digital platforms across Europe, Australia, Latin America and Asia.
Fireman Sam Series 8 has been picked up by France 5, while Universal France has snapped up the home entertainment rights (for series 6 to 8). Also in France Lagardère Group has steamed ahead to secure the rights for series 13, 16 and 17 of Thomas & Friends. This move will see the programme rebranded for the group’s family network Gulli and preschool channel Tiji.
Thomas & Friends
Spanish broadcaster Boing has picked up series 15 to 17 of Thomas & Friends and will also be airing King of the Railway.
In addition, Canal+ SVoD platform CanalPlay Infinity has acquired Fireman Sam series 6 and 7 and Angelina Ballerina series 3 to 6, while 26 episodes of the first series of Mike the Knight charge onto Netflix Netherlands.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021