Global Pursuit is exclusive licensing agent for “Dr. Seuss” brand in Asia
San Francisco, Taiwan & Los Angeles – Global Pursuit Co., Ltd., the worldwide consumer products licensing, marketing and brand equity company, has concluded negotiations with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. to serve as the exclusive licensing agent across the majority of key categories for the Dr. Seuss brand throughout Asia, including India. The agreement was announced by Cynthia Money, President, Global Pursuit, and Susan Brandt, President of Licensing and Marketing for Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P.
The company will develop a licensing and merchandising programme for the brand across key categories, including toys, video games, apparel, accessories, stationery, housewares and food and beverage (excludes publishing), and create promotional campaigns in conjunction with the brand expansion.
“Dr. Seuss is one of the most recognised brands in the world, known for celebrating the joy of reading and instilling self-confidence in young readers while also promoting the unlimited world of possibilities that exist in a child’s imagination,” said Brandt. “We elected to work exclusively with Global Pursuit on expanding the licensing and merchandising opportunities for the Dr. Seuss brand throughout Asia because the company demonstrated a unique understanding of the delicate bond between generations of Dr. Seuss fans and his indelible characters. We were seeking representatives that would both grow and protect all that this unique brand represents as well as respect what was important to Mr. Geisel.”
“Global Pursuit is different from other licensing and marketing companies in that we bring a keen understanding of the cultural differences in local markets to every brand we represent, together with the expertise and efficiency of a global company,” added Money. “We believe there is enormous potential to capitalise and expand upon the current awareness of Dr. Seuss across Asia and introduce products that will resonate with fans, while at the same time reaching out to an entire new generation.”
Dr. Seuss, also known as Theodor Seuss Geisel, is credited with six of the 20 All-Time Bestselling Children’s Books by Publishers’ Weekly, including The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham (the third best-selling book in English), Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax, Oh the Places You’ll Go!, and Dr. Seuss’s ABC’s. The 44 books he wrote and illustrated under the name Dr. Seuss have sold over 600 million copies in 95 countries around the world and have been translated into 17 languages.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020