DQ Entertainment inks $37 million production and licensing deals
DQ Entertainment, the global entertainment production and distribution group, has announced that it has concluded a number of TV co-production and licensing deals during its second fiscal quarter to 30 September 2013 and at MIPCOM 2013.
The gross value of these co-production and licensing deals between the partners is approximately $37m (INR 2220m), of which approximately $12m (INR 720m) is attributable to DQE and expected to be accrued as revenue over the next fiscal year ending 31 March 2015.
Of this, only around $6m had been previously anticipated by management. This demonstrates the success DQE had in the quarter and at MIPCOM. Details of the co-production and licensing deals are set out below.
YONAGUNI, the children-targeted entertainment brand of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has joined with DQ Entertainment and Rollman Entertainment, Burbank, USA to present a new CGI children’s animated comedy adventure series called YONAGUNI, at this year’s MIPCOM. Production on the 52 x 11′ series is expected to commence shortly.
DQE and Method Animation, France will co-produce their first hybrid animation show (combination of CGI and Live Action images) called 7 Dwarfs and Me. A leading French broadcaster has agreed to co-produce the show while AB Group, France will also co-produce the show.
DQE and Method Animation are also co-producing the second season of The New Adventures of Peter Pan after an immensely successful first season of the Peter Pan TV series, which was distributed in over 100 countries and was one of the highest-rated TV series in France, Germany and Italy. The anchor European broadcasters, including France Television, are co-producing as lead broadcast partners for the second season of this highly successful 26 x 22′ 3D animated TV series.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 565 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 129 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 100 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020