The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia together with Indovision launched Disney XD, a brand new kids channel in Indonesia on October 19, 2013. Targeted at kids aged 6 to 14 years, Disney XD is a boy-focused, girl-inclusive channel and will be available on all basic packages of Indovision including Super Galaxy, Galaxy, Venus, Mars, as well as on Okevision.
Disney XD will be the TV home of the new Marvel series featuring superheroes such as Spider-Man, The Avengers, Iron Man, and will introduce dynamic stories full of action, adventure and heroism to a whole new generation of fans. Key programme highlights at launch include, the original Disney XD animated series about an unlikely hero Randy Cuningham: 9th Grade Ninja, the fun animated series Kick Buttowski – Suburban Daredevil, the martial arts comedy Kickin’ It, the hugely popular 2D animated comedy Phineas & Ferb and the hilarious, live action series Lab Rats.
Natasha Malhotra, General Manager, Branded Media Content, The Walt Disney Company, Southeast Asia said, “Disney XD transports kids into a world of inspiring adventures and outrageous fun. It’s a world packed with superheroes, action, and great comedy! Kids are encouraged to dare to be a hero, believe in themselves and pursue their dreams! We will be showcasing two incredibly talented kids – Danielle, who was the first girl to join the U12 national football team of Indonesia, and Sensen a 14 yr old talented singer and performer – in our Phineas and Ferb ‘Backyard Heroes’ campaign. They are great role models for kids around the region and reflect the core values of DXD, to push your limits, believe in your dreams and accomplish the impossible!”
The on-air launch of Disney XD on Indovision will also be supported by an immersive and interactive consumer event/showcase called “The World of XD”. Aimed at introducing Indonesian kids and families to Disney XD characters and shows, the event will feature engaging fun activities and games woven around Disney XD content. The event will be held at Kota Kasablanca from October 30 to November 10, 2013.
Mr.Handhi S. Kentjono, Vice President of PT MNC Sky Vision, Tbk said, “The availability of Disney XD channel only on our platforms (Indovision and Okevision) enhances our customer proposition as the network with the most number of international kids programmes and unique channels. With its well-known kids’ live action and animated series, Disney XD channel will definitely be a strong driver to our fast growing performance as market leader in Indonesia’s pay TV industry.”
Disney XD is the third Disney 24-hour channel to join Disney Channel and Disney Junior on the Indovision platform.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020