BBC Worldwide commissions “Sarah & Duck” S2 for CBeebies
BBC Worldwide has announced the commission of a second series of Sarah & Duck with 40 brand new episodes. Sarah & Duck S2 is the latest in a slate of children’s investments at BBC Worldwide including: Chop! Chop!, Numtums, Old Jack’s Boat, Baby Jake and Andy’s Dinosaur Adventures.
The 2D animation second series (40×7′) created by Karrot Entertainment will once again be internationally distributed by BBC Worldwide who own the global distribution and merchandising rights. The brand new series will air internationally in 2014 on the CBeebies channel in the UK.
Created by Sarah Gomes Harris and Tim O’Sullivan at Karrot Entertainment, series two of Sarah & Duck has been commissioned by Henrietta Hurford-Jones, Director of Children’s at BBC Worldwide who commented: “Sarah & Duck embodies the warmth, charm and quality that CBeebies delivers to its loyal viewers. With the global popularity and appeal of the show, I’m delighted that there will be more adventures from Sarah, her best friend Duck and their unique group of friends and neighbours.”
Deals have been secured to date to air the first series of Sarah & Duck in the United States (Sprout), Japan (NHK), Norway (NRK), Sweden (SVT), Finland (YLE), Portugal (RTP), Iceland (RUV), Holland (NPO) and Israel (HOP) as well as airing across the global CBeebies network.
Alison Stewart, Head of CBeebies Production, Animation and Acquisitions for CBeebies UK added: Sarah & Duck became an instant favourite when Series One aired in the UK earlier this year. Young children and their families have taken these two unlikely friends to their hearts, and I am thrilled that we are able to bring a second series to the channel.”
CBeebies now reaches over 45 million homes outside the UK, through BBC Worldwide’s network of channels and branded programme blocks. Local schedules are available in seven key markets – the Nordic region, Poland, Africa, Australia, Asia and India, as well as the Latin American & US Hispanic market.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020